I am a passionate researcher in computer vision, and sensing. I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in National University of Singapore (NUS). My supervisors are Prof. Jun Han in Yonsei University and Prof. Chan Mun Choon in National University of Singapore. My research interests are in the intersection of computer vision and sensing systems.
- Computer Vision
- Sensing and Mobile Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and CPS Security
My research interests are in the intersection of computer vision and sensing systems to aid Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and security, as well as empower average users with the enhanced reality (i.e., capability of extracting hidden information in daily objects and activities to make decisions, using only commercial off-the-shelf devices). Specifically, my research focuses on augmenting computer vision techniques with physics models and other sensing modalities to extract physical properties of daily objects and activities.
- Our poster “On utilising smartphone cameras to detect counterfeit liquid food products” won the Best Poster Award at ACM MobiSys’22.
- Our poster “On utilising smartphone cameras to detect counterfeit liquid food products” is accepted and will appear at ACM MobiSys’22. This poster accompanies our full paper also presented at MobiSys’22.
- Our paper “Detecting counterfeit liquid food products in a sealed bottle using a smartphone camera” is accepted and will appear at ACM MobiSys’22.
- Our paper is featured on several news/media including: Forbes, The Register, Y Combinator’s Hacker News, Techlog360, NewScientist, SPIEGEL, TechRadar, Bitdefender and others.
- Our poster “On Utilizing Smartphone Time-of-Flight Sensors to Detect Hidden Spy Cameras” is accepted and will appear at ACM SenSys’21. This poster accompanies our full paper also presented at SenSys’21.
- Our paper “LAPD: Hidden Spy Camera Detection using Smartphone Time-of-Flight Sensors” is accepted and will appear at ACM SenSys’21.
- I join National University of Singapore as a graduate tutor and Ph.D. candidate in School of Computing, Department of Computer Science.
- Our paper “Exploring Eye Movement Data with Image-Based Clustering” is published at Journal of Visualization. This work extends our previous paper presented at VINCI’2019.
- I complete my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science in National University of Singapore.
- My dissertation “A Real-time Caustics and Global illumination Rendering Framework with RTX Technology” is submitted.
- Our paper “EyeClouds: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for Exploring Eye Movement Data” is published at VINCI’2019. This work is done during my visit to Eindhoven University of Technology.
- I visit Eindhoven University of Technology as an exchange student.
- I start my six-month internship as a software engineer at Paypal Singapore Development Centre.
- Our VR detective game prototype “ByStanders” is demonstrated in the 12th SoC Term Project Showcase (STePS).
- I join National Univeristy of Singapore for my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.